PART-TIME POST-DOCTORAL ASSISTANT IN ITALIAN LINGUISTICS (80%)
The KU Leuven Linguistics Research Unit is an internationally renowned centre for research and teaching. Within the Faculty of Arts, the Linguistics Research Unit forms a dynamic research community housting various research groups and labs, each with its own methodological and theoretical expertise. The Linguistics Research Unit offers many opportunities for exciting collaborations.
- You play a crucial and visible role in the academic (linguistic) training of students.
- You support several courses in the Bachelor and Master programme, and are responsible for, among others:
Bachelor and Master programme Language and Literature:
- Bachelor 3: Lingua quotidiana (4 ECTS), 1st semester
- Master: Italian linguistics (6 ECTS), 2nd semester
- Educational Master: Italian language teaching: basic principles and starting points
- Other teaching duties of limited scope may be taken up in consultation with other members of the team.
- You actively participate in research activities related to Italian linguistics.
- You participate in fundraising in one of the domains of research of the Linguistics Research Unit.
- You actively participate in building an international research network.
- You supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses in Italian linguistics
- You are an active member of the Italian curriculum committee, you contribute to the development of the curriculum and to activities concerning student recruitment
- You hold a PhD in Linguistics, or in a comparable relevant domain.
- You carry out excellent scientific research, demonstrable by (co-)authorship of international peer-reviewed publications.
- You have strong teaching qualities and you have experience in research-based education.
- You are an enterprising person who likes to work with colleagues and students.
- You have strong self-organization skills.
- You have a (near-) native command of Italian.
We offer a 80% position as post-doctoral assistant for one year (renewable, up to two years).
The starting date is September 15. Remuneration is according to the standard scales of KU Leuven.
Applications must include, in separate PDF files:
1) A motivation letter (1 page)
2) A short research proposal including theoretical approaches and methodology (maximum 2 pages)
3) A full curriculum vitae
4) Names and contact details of two references
You can apply for this job no later than June 21, 2021 via the online application tool